PSALM 25:1
Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul."
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Well, its been about 2 weeks!!! Life gets so busy and before you know it weeks at a time have passed you by... the girls are doing wonderful! Rory is EVERYWHERE these days! She crawls so fast and it is so cute to watch. Jace never really crawled. She rolled everywhere and wasn't even sitting up until she was about 7 months. And almost from the moment she started pulling up she walked. So this crawling business is new to me :) Rory is almost 9 months old now and she's already so smart. And LOVING... she leans in and hugs and gives kisses all the time. She is the sweetest thing. She is sleeping all night most nights but she is teething so she can get pretty restless- but no teeth yet! Jace had 5 by the time she was 9 months! These two precious girls of mine are turning into polar opposites of each other! LOL Its so amazing to see how the 2 of them are turning out! Jace is doing excellent as well. She is getting smarter and smarter every day and the potty training is going wonderful! Hardly any accidents ever, although we had a day recently where she wet her pants 6 times and pooped once! She has not done that in MONTHS! But I think I figured out why... I think she had a slight bladder infection or something because she was telling me she had to go but just couldn't hold it AND she went potty TWICE as much that day as she normally does. Plus she'd had juice, (which ALWAYS makes her have trouble with her bladder control) not to mention more sugar than normal from her all of her halloween candy. Of course people think I'm crazy when I say that sugar affected her potty training, but it does. There are multiple studies showing the negative side affects that sugar can have on a toddler/preschooler's kidneys and bladder. But she's back to normal using the potty so that's good. We had also had a rough couple of days with her being hyper sensitive--- but I chalked that up to not eating enough, or sleeping enough, and, again, too much sugar! But people have bad mood days all the time, why should it be any different for a 2 year old!?! We've switched Jace to her big girl bed and she is doing EXCELLENT in it! YAAAY! I was a little concerned, esp the first few days because she was giving me some trouble at nap time. BUT we've passed the hump I think!!!!! She is getting up earlier since she can get herself out of her bed, which is no big deal, but we have had to adjust her bedtime to put her down earlier. Jace NEEDS ALL of her sleep... she is too cranky without it! :) She's turned into a picky eater... also no big deal except that she gets cranky if she doesn't eat well too... so I am trying to figure out healthy foods to feed her everyday. But, of course, being 2, she'll eat one thing one day and not the next! But yesterday she ate breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner and she had the BEST mood day she's had in a while! Now, if I could just get her to eat like that everyday! We are watching Kai this weekend for my brother. It has been nice to have him but also a real eye opener! We are very thankful that we DON'T have twins, hahahaha! Trey got a little cranky this evening... I think he was worn out! LOL... I don't think he would make it if he was a stay at home dad every day!!!!! It has definitely been an exhausting day, but a very fun one for the kids! They must have upended EVERY toy in the house. It took me 45 minutes just to clean it up... I called it Tornado Grooms 2008 since all the kids are grooms progeny! And of course cleaning the house today was OUT OF THE QUESTION!!! :) I'm lucky I got some laundry done heehee! If Trey and I ever have any more children I am definitely going to have become a better time manager! The other day I was vacuuming and poor Rory screamed bloody murder until I finally just turned it off! It scared her so much! So then I waited to put her down for her morning nap to vacuum. Jace was suppose to be coloring, but I happened to look up and didn't see her. So I turned off the vacuum and went searching... and my adventuresome little 2 year had learned how to turn the child proof door knob to MY bathroom and in the space of five minutes had flushed the toilet enough times to cause it to overflow, pulled out ALL of my makeup and played in it, upended ALL the q-tips, and was eating toothpaste when I walked in there! And to show how smart she is... she closed the door back so it took me a minute to even find her in there because I was searching everywhere else first because before then she hadn't been able to turn that doorknob! :) It was so hilarious that all I could do was laugh... although she definitely looked very GUILTY when I found her! I will try to post some pics soon... I have been very lax in my picture taking and am waiting on some pics to be emailed to me by other people!!! I will try to do better with the pic taking and the blog posting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
bout time you posted again. out of town grandmothers can get pretty cranky after being spoiled by blogs. pictures soon would be nice also. kiss the girls and kai for gigi.
Post a Comment