I keep getting this one question though.... "are y'all going to try again for a boy?" I feel like people are implying that in no way could 3 beautiful, vivacious daughters ever be enough for Trey and I. And I've been having this feeling for weeks now that our family is complete... and I don't know how I feel about it honestly. I feel guilty thinking that Trey and I may not have more children... doesn't that sound strange??? It feels strange too me...
Oh, and why can't the stork bring my babies I ask..... cause I know pregnancy is suppose to be a beautiful thing, but truthfully I abhor it. BUT, I do so like what pregnancy brings me---- my children. Who would I be without them I wonder sometimes? I was born to be a mother. I honestly feel that way. Other people dream all their lives about being a doctor, lawyer, teacher, etc. I dreamed about having children. There was nothing that I wanted more... and I feel that a mother's value has slowly been undermined and lessened over the years. And I am saddened to think that because I am not out punching a time clock that I have less value in some people's eyes, or that they think they are better than me because they have been "MORE" than "just a mother."
whatever. eloquent, right? yep... that's me. I'm just a mother and I'm better for it. I'm doing exactly what I was born to do, and exactly what God wants from me.
1 comment:
Beautiful thoughts on motherhood. I'm excited for you about your third little girl. How wonderful. I love girls...they really are just so much fun.
Thank you too for your kind words the other day. They are really much appreciated. God bless you and your beautiful family!
Post a Comment