PSALM 25:1

Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul."  

Monday, November 2, 2009

This weekend has been a fun-filled fest of pure yuck.  But that's life, right?  The good news is that the girls weren't too cranky over it so that made it easier for us (the helpless adults who could do nothing but clean up and comfort the best we could) to deal with...

Another source of good news...... ONE month into a new school for children with autism and my sweet nephew is like a WHOLE NEW CHILD.  It's amazing the difference when a special child is with people who are trained to educate them.  I thank Jesus for little mercies every day.

Things are still looking up around here (for me personally anyways).... I love when the Lord gives you an answered prayer.  He's always looking out for me.... rationally I know this.  But, still, it hasn't stopped a period of spiritual lows for me lately.  A personal issue to be sure, but still, it's there.  The fact that it's coincided with my pregnancy makes me feel guilty to a certain degree, but I'm slowly working through it.  That I give to the Lord as well.  


Prayer to Achieve Inner Peace

"Slow me down, Lord.
Ease the pounding of my heart by the quieting of my mind.
Steady my hurried pace with a vision of the eternal reach of time.
Give me, amid the confusion of the day, the calmness of the everlasting hills.
Break the tensions of my nerves and muscles with the soothing music of the singing streams that live in memory.
Help me to know the magical, restoring power of sleep.
Teach me the art of taking minute vacations - of slowing down to look at a flower, to chat with a friend, to pat a dog, to read a few lines of a good book.
Slow me down, Lord."

No comments: