PSALM 25:1

Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul."  

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Today was such a special day.  Not only was it Easter, but Trey and I finally joined the Catholic Church last night.  It was such a beautiful Easter vigil, and something that we have been preparing to do since August.  Our first communion was breathtaking, and Trey and I are still in awe of the feelings that the Eucharist evoke in us.  Trey was so happy last night, and at peace for the first time in a long time.  And I thank God for him.

Today we had our beautiful girls baptized.  Pics to come when those who took them email them to me. 8)  I prayed for God's grace on the way to church and received His mercy.  The kids all did quite well during mass, and only got a little antsy towards the very end.  BUT it was a long one today (about and hour and a half).  Of course, I think it used up Jace's good will.... I had to drag her to the car and she ended up throwing tantrums for about an hour before she chilled out.  But those who love us were there to support us (and those who couldn't be there were praying for us today).  And I am so glad that Jessica and Baron are Jace's godparents and that Lauren and Pete are Rory's godparents.  I am so glad that my children's lives and relationship with our Lord will be so enriched by these four people who love them both so much.  These four people and their children are so important in our lives and esp. in our daughters lives too.  All 6 of these beautiful blessings (the kids) and the babies to come in our families are going to have such a special friendship and connection with the help of our Lord.

I am so thankful for the people in our lives who respect us, and the choices that we make.  They enrich our lives in a way that we can only praise God for.  And as one friend put it so eloquently, "God has a way of building around us a spiritual family to help care for our spiritual needs."  Jesus loves us fully.  He gave His life for US.  So by letting those people who do nothing but thrive on drama and would love nothing more than to tear us down affect us is failing God in what he wants for us--- peace in his love.

Trey and I are happy together- despite family members, tantrums, financial worries.  There are people in our lives who would love nothing more than to divide us, and these people are our crosses to bear.  And despite how often we may become frustrated with these people, and even with each other, we take up our crosses joyfully.  Trey and I, through marriage, are in a covenant with God, and that covenant is FOREVER.  We would love nothing more than to have the relationship with our friends, and especially our families that God desires for us.  But we recognize that God desires us to be happy and at peace in those relationships as well.  So if distance is what needs to be done, then that is what we will do.  Trey and I deserve the respect that God has entitled us to have as a husband and a wife, and as a father and a mother.  We are not children but in God's eyes.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Amen.

And thanks be to God. I am sad that I wasn't able to join you but can't wait to hear all about it.

Kate Wicker said...

Welcome to the Church! Easter blessings to you.