PSALM 25:1

Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul."  

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Humble in spirit

I've been thinking lately how hard it actually is to go through life graciously.  It's a wonderful concept, but it's hard to actualize in my mind.  Suffering, in whatever form, is hard to grasp.... especially if thought of in terms of how Christ suffered for us.  My personal suffering pales in comparison.  And when my feelings get hurt I often treat it as a non event... because in my mind it seems silly to have hurt feelings over some of the things that have hurt my feelings.  I mean, really, let's think of all the people that denied Jesus, and turned their backs on him, and literally threw him up to be sacrificed.  Not only did he suffer true physical pain, but what of HIS feelings.  So it often times seems trivial or petty to me to be so super sensitive, and yet I can not help but feel that Christ would not want me to be hurting in any fashion.  That my hurt feelings are not trivial, or petty, or silly to Him.  To me that is true graciousness... to love unconditionally, forgive always everything, to be humbled in spirit by life's every day pain.  All I want is to be thought of in the same respect that I think of others.... or to have the same place in their lives that they have in mine.  BUT SO DOES JESUS, and often times I am guilty of not giving him that same level in my life that I so obviously have in Him.  So I will strive to be more gracious in every day life...  to put Christ first and foremost... to love, and forgive, and be humble in spirit.  

No comments: