PSALM 25:1

Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul."  

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sleep

Okay.  So Jace no longer naps that often :(  Well, Monday she took a nap for the first time in about a month, and she was so pleasant and happy that afternoon and evening.  I had forgotten what it was like for her to be that pleasant in the late afternoon!

We've adapted (though it did take a while) to no naps, now the girls(well mainly Jace) just go to bed earlier at night.  They are definitely getting the required amount of sleep, but I do long for the days of both girls napping in the afternoons...  it takes a lot of concentrated effort to keep Jace from waking Rory up too early most days.

Yesterday, of course, Jace did not nap and Rory's nap was cut short by accident.  Needless to say they were BOTH in bed at 5:45 last night!

WELL, guess what time they woke up today?  You'd think early, right? WRONG :)  Jace was up at 7:30 this morning and Rory did not wake up until 8:45!  So now I just thank God that at least they ARE getting the sleep they need...

This is just what works for us now.  As parents I guess we have to learn to adapt to the needs of our kids...  and my kids NEED to go to bed by 6:00 most nights!  


No comments: