bible study tonight was, as always, a huge BLESSING. although that's one of the places I cried today... I hate crying in FRONT of people. but no big deal... that's what my friends are there for and God did bring these special women into my life for a reason. I feel like everything is changing... but as Trey so astutely pointed out today that was the purpose of life..lol THANKS TREY! :) and speaking of friends.... I MISS MY BEST FRIEND AMANDA SO MUCH... AND NOW MY OTHER ONE IS MOVING (most likely). BUt bible study has become such a priority in my life... I hate it when we miss a week or two... I totally rearrange my life now for it. and am thankful that they rearrange the time for me to do this bootcamp right now.
and speaking of...boot camp was good... didn't want to go but I did anyways. I lost 2.5 more lbs... which is good because I didn't think I had lost ANY. I feel better exercising and anyone reading this should remind me of this often, if not EVERY day. I really wish I could do the camp again but it's not looking like it will be in the budget. In fact, if not for my mom paying for this one I wouldn't have done it. so THANKS MOM! I am just going to have to write BIG notes to put everyone to exercise and push myself every day on my own.
and speaking of stuff not fitting in budgets---- the truth is we need a new dryer. when our old broke we bought a used one to save money. well our lesson learned is that we should have just bought a new one. the one we bought is awful and we have to run 3 dry cycles to dry anything thus I am only getting 3 loads done a day (IF I AM LUCKY)... now while I am prepared to deal with this... to take up my cross... its FADING our clothes... so not only am I still behind from when the first one broke (never got up after getting this new old one), it takes way too long to dry anything, and is aging our clothes faster. and we are out the $100+ we spent on it... oh well... lesson learned. We have a generous offer for someone to buy us a new one but I don't know...
business could be better... understatement for a whole lot of people in this country right now. BUT I am so THANKFUL and PROUD of my husband. because the truth is he's a GOOD man. He's the BEST man in my life. He could so easily give up and be lazy but he's not. He gets up every day and he works for US... he is out there EVERY DAY doing all that he can, for US. Trey and I need to give it too God... we need to let go of our fear and worry and stress and give it up to the Lord. Maybe that is our lesson in all this--- to fully rely on God --- to never question HIS promise to provide what we need. The truth is in the broad spectrum of life there are so many people in this world worse off than us... we are obviously not going to starve and God has definitely provided us always what we need. My biggest thing is my fear, and maybe feelings of inadequacy. But even if I were to get a job there is nothing paying what I would need to provide for my family and justify daycare for my kids.... one of the blogs I read actually had a great post on stress and fear that I read when I got home tonight. this woman is so inspiring to me.
I am thankful for great friends and a wonderful family. my kids are happy, healthy, fed (although Rory acts like she is starved and eats ALL day), clothed and have a roof over their heads. I don't know what we do without our mothers... my mom is only a phone call away and is so generous to my kids and us and we wish she was able to be around more often (but she'll be here in about a week---YAAAY)... and Vicki is also only a phone call away and so generous with her time. Not to mention she cleaned our house yesterday... the BEST gift ever because sometimes I am so caught up with the kids and too tired at the end of the day to be bothered.
No matter how much mothers may drive us crazy (as I am sure I will one day do to my own girls) they are always there. honour thy father and mother... there is a reason it is one of the 10 commandants...
No comments:
Post a Comment