PSALM 25:1

Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul."  

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

some new pics


























here are some pics from a weekend with Uncle Matt, Kai, Katie and George (friends).  We watched them Friday night and the next morning for a little while too.  My plan was to play outside for the majority, but then it rained!  So we improvised with some inside fun.  First off, my friend Michelle graciously gave us some spaghetti casseroles for dinner so that I wouldn't have to cook.  And while ALL the kids LOVED it.... feeding 5 children spaghetti was not the best idea :)  Essentially they all had to be hosed off BEFORE bath time!  I did baths in rounds too.  The babies went first, and then Kai, and then the big girls.  Well, while Uncle Matt was diapering and putting pjs on the babies and Kai, and I was just starting to get the girls out, Kai threw a big bouncy ball into jace's ceiling fan and busted the light bulb EVERYWHERE.  I am ashamed to say that I said a (hush, hush, don't judge me here) BAD word...  so Matt herded the kids to the living room while I vacuumed and cleaned up her room so that they wouldn't cut their little feet.  After that, it was DEFINITELY bed time!  Rory, George & Kai went right down, no problems there.  But I made the mistake of letting the girls lay down in my bed to watch a movie together...  I should have put Jace down first.  She'd have been out like a light (seeing as how she DOES NOT nap anymore).  Instead, she decided it would be fun to torture her friend, Katie, by stealing her Pooh bear and sitting on it!!!  But finally, after an hour or so they were both asleep!  They all slept well too.  George got up at 6:45 and the rest followed suit shortly after that.  I had to promise Katie banana pancakes and OJ for breakfast to get her to go to sleep so that was of course the first thing we did.  But everyone ate, everyone was in a great mood, and there had not been one meltdown yet... BUT it was definitely raining out.  SO 5 kids stuck inside would definitely lead to some tears I thought.  But instead we crafted for awhile:  we made our names with glue and glitter, and played with playdough, and the girls made fairy wands decorated with glitter and pompoms!  They thought the glitter was pretty fun... and there is STILL glitter in the kitchen in some spots!  But I don't mind.  Next we moved on to dress up and that entertained them for a good while... they dressed up and danced and had tea parties with ALL the stuffed animals (and they graciously let the babies play too).  Well, then Matt and I decided to build them a sheet tent in the dining room....  THEY ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!  IT WAS A BIG HIT!  That entertained them for HOURS....  It was actually a pretty wonderful weekend, as the pics show for themselves.   

2 comments:

Jerica said...

GOODNESS! I can't imagine what a mess it was after all that!

Jessica said...

you were so right on the phone today...your patience is so amazing. Just looking at these pictures makes me a little anxious :) You are GREAT! All the kids will want to spend the night at your house (in a good way not because you buy them beer! Ha!)