PSALM 25:1

Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul."  

Monday, September 22, 2008

My weakness as a mother...

I realized today that I can't protect my children from everything...  I knew that logically, but in my heart I had hoped I would be able to protect their feelings forever.  But the reality is, I simply won't be able to.  There are going to be many times, instants, and people who will hurt my children.  I remember being mortified growing up because my mom would always take things that happened to me and brother so personally.  Now I know that it WAS personal for her... because how hard must it have been for her to sit back and watch us get hurt!?!  I want everyone to love my girls as much as I do...  but sadly that won't happen.  I can only hope that I am able to teach my children to be able to deal with rejections, and disappointments with a firm and loving attitude.  To turn to God with their hurts... that His "grace is sufficient (2 Cor 12:9)."  I hope that they will take one of my own personal favorite bible verses to heart in situations that hurt them:  "I delight in weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Cor 12:10).

No comments: