Jace went to a birthday party with Bic (one of her TWO favorite grandmothers :) at 1:00 and Vicki, aka Bic and my MIL, said she seemed to have a really good time. I'm glad that Jace is able to go and do things with her grandmother and spend some quality, one-on-one time with her. Vicki loves her so much and I think Jace brings alot of joy to her life. I look forward to Rory sharing the same relationship with her when she gets older. Its important to me that Jace and Rory develops relationships with their grandparents, independent of me and Trey. I think it strengthens their ability to discern respect for other authority figures in their lives. I'll be so happy when my own mother is back here on a regular basis and has the opportunities to do things with them too. Of course, she'll make her number one priority to be here when the girls start any extracurricular activities later in life! She's praying fervently for SPORTS!
We watched the AU game this evening with our friends, Pete, Lauren, Katie and George. Matt was here for the first half :) But he wanted to go see some of his friends for the second half, which was fine with us. The game was apparently a fun one to watch, considering all the whooping and hollering that Trey and Pete did. I wasn't paying that much attention... hahaha! But Jace and Katie and Kai all played so well together. It's always so fun for me to watch the kids play together. It's funny how life changes and what brings you the most joy once you have children :) Jace really loves Ms. Lauren.
Baby George (as Jace still calls him sometimes) was so CUTE tonight! He was the first baby Jace ever really paid any attention too and she talked about him constantly for months after he was born. I credit him with getting Jace prepared for Rory! LOL Tonight he, this almost 10 month old baby, pulled himself up on Jace's trampoline all by himself and preceded to jump on it for a while! He had a BLAST!
They left right after the game and we put Jace down immediately. She was asleep in like 2 seconds!!! Which is fine with me because it was LATE! Matt came home shortly after that and we spent some time talking together before he went to bed. It has been so wonderful to have him in my life in a similar fashion to when we were growing up. I look forward to spending more time with him. I had always envisioned us raising our kids close to each other and having special relationships with them. And the vision is finally becoming more of a reality---YAAAY! And Jace LOVES him! She asks for "Unca Matt" alot now, as well as Kai.
1 comment:
It makes my heart sing to know that you and Matt are renewing your sibling relationship. I am so glad that he has you and Trey and the girls at this time in his life. I know it is hard for him, but I think he will be a good dad and put Kai first in all things that count. Now you need to go to work on Matt regarding Kai's spiritual growth. Thanks so much for the pictures and updates on the girls. It's wonderful. You are an awesome MOM!
Post a Comment