Sunday - a day of rest, well for most anyways- but certainly not parents, especially mothers. I actually got to rest alot today thanks to my wonderful and gracious husband. He did tell me at one point that he was tired - physically, and mentally I think. He said he was "just tired of doing." I think he realized how exhausting it can be, day in and day out, with the kids. I can get "tired of doing" too. But the good thing is that though he may be tired, he NEVER quits doing for us. He gets up, everyday, and goes to work for us - always. I don't think my husband, in the almost 3 years that we have been married, has ever claimed a sick day for himself. He rarely takes any days to himself at all, and we certainly never get to take family vacations. If we're lucky, MAYBE, an extended weekend. But these are the sacrifices that he makes for us, his family, because we are his life. We are his everything. These are the day to day realities of the life that we have chose
PSALM 25:1
Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul."
Sunday, September 21, 2008
We are his everything...
Sunday - a day of rest, well for most anyways- but certainly not parents, especially mothers. I actually got to rest alot today thanks to my wonderful and gracious husband. He did tell me at one point that he was tired - physically, and mentally I think. He said he was "just tired of doing." I think he realized how exhausting it can be, day in and day out, with the kids. I can get "tired of doing" too. But the good thing is that though he may be tired, he NEVER quits doing for us. He gets up, everyday, and goes to work for us - always. I don't think my husband, in the almost 3 years that we have been married, has ever claimed a sick day for himself. He rarely takes any days to himself at all, and we certainly never get to take family vacations. If we're lucky, MAYBE, an extended weekend. But these are the sacrifices that he makes for us, his family, because we are his life. We are his everything. These are the day to day realities of the life that we have chose
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment