PSALM 25:1

Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul."  

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Here's something I read on yahoo today:

"10 Signs Your Children Are Brats:

1.    They resort to crying or yelling when they want something.
2.    They throw themselves on floor and won't get up.
3.    They constantly throw tantrums or even hit you when you punish them.
4.    They ignore you when you ask a question.
5.    They are rude to other adults and even to other children.
6.    They refuse to share toys or treats with other children.
7.    They are show-offs and are constantly trying to one-up their peers to be the center of        attention.
8.    They always want whatever everyone else has.  Once they have it, they want something        new.
9.    They keep a messy room and never help out around the house despite your pleas for them        to do so.
10.)  They refuse to go to bed."

SERIOUSLY!?!  

Does this sound like familiar behavior to anyone else?  I mean, don't get me wrong... Jace certainly DOES NOT act like this always.  BUT she definitely has her moments where she has probably acted like all of the above on occasion.  Would I classify her a brat?  No.  Would others?  I don't think so.  And if they do, then they certainly haven't told me.

So do you these behaviors make a brat?  Or do the parents who LET them continuously act this way make a brat?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Okay, when your kids at 8 and acting like this, yes, that's bratty. When they are 2, though, they are just acting their age.

leslie said...

I know, right!?! But even now when your child acts even 1/10 as terrible as this, people look at you like you have already failed your 2 1/2 year old. I guess they must forget that children have to be taught to behave... it is not innate.

Michelle said...

I think that list is hilarious. Of course all toddlers and preschoolers act like that on occasion! I think the true definition of brat is consistency in that negative behavior and the child's age. I'm with Stephanie - if you're 8 and doing this - you are a serious brat LOL